Triang No.62

on
TRIANG No.62

 

Triang No.62

27 inches [68cms] wide
11 inches [28 cms] deep
17 inches [43 cms] high

This house approximately dates to 1950, it has straight beams on the gables, and green and white windows.

RESTORATION INDEX
WOOWORM
WINDOWS
FINISHED HOUSE

 

Triang No.62 – This is the latest addition to my collection, a bit of a squeeze in the shed, but it will fit. I had originally bought this house to use for spares, but I fell in love with it and as the condition was quite good I have decided to keep it.  It even has its door knocker and letter box on the door, also the little window next to the door.

 

The previous owner of this house had fitted lights, notice the rather large switches in each room. The wire was very old and brittle, it will all have to be removed, as it will not be safe.  It has wallpaper and floor paper, I am not sure if the wallpaper is original, but the wallpaper was put on before the floor paper as it is tucked underneath.


The windows on this house are very rusty, and the curtains are very thin, and faded, the metal window frames can be restored.  I will repair the curtains, and try to conserve them as best I can.

I am not sure how much restoration I will do on the house itself, the roof just needs repainting, and there is no sign of wood worm.  The outside paint is a bit thin and cracked, the flower painting is good, so I might approach this one in a different way.  I think I will clean it up first and see how I go from there.

 

 

 

Showing the underneath of the base where the old wiring came through.

 

 

 

The top picture showes the two front panels, before they were rubbed down, showing the painted flowers. The beams, windows and door have been removed. I could not save the painted flowers, as there was too much overpainting.   The two bottom pictures show the front panels rubbed down, and the hinges cleaned and polished.

All the doors have been rubbed down and the metal polished.

WOOWORM

 

Etsy shop
Visit My Etsy Shop – A Miniature Slice of Time

10 Comments Add yours

  1. Fiona Fox says:

    The new curtains are a triumph. The front door knocker and letter box ‘came up nice’. You must be proud of this!

    1. Lee Higgins says:

      Thank you, this was the first time I have printed on material, very pleased with the result.

  2. Kris says:

    What a fantastic job! I’m trying to restore my own 62 so this is very helpful. Great videos too! Could you let me know what green paint you used for the window frames and the roof please? Want to march the original colours if possible but not sure what would work. I was also wondering whether the best type of paint would be an acrylic matt? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you 🙂

    1. Lee Higgins says:

      The paint I use for the window frames is used for painting Games Workshop models, the colour is Citadel Dark Angels Green [or if not available Caliban Green, as name has changed]. This paint is matt, but I also used a matt varnish which gives a nice finish. The roof is painted with a matt brick red paint, this is the hardest to get right. Get some tester pots, go with the colour you feel happy with. The next window frames I do, I think I will try Aerosol paint used for touching up cars. There are some nice greens for Jaguar and Range Rover cars, that would look good. Good Luck with your house…

      1. Kris says:

        Thanks so much for the information! Much appreciated:)

        1. Pat king says:

          This is my next project, I have just spent a year restoring a stockbroker, thank you for all the tips, I have found them invaluable. I also found the roof colour hardest to get just right, I ended up using brick red and adding black . I’m always learning.pat

          1. Lee Higgins says:

            I found the roof colour difficult to, at one time I could buy a Brick Red, which was a good match, but is no longer available. I am glad you have found my site helpful.

  3. dianne priestman says:

    Wonderful job! very impressive.

  4. lynn says:

    Wow very very nice, a wonderful job, I have a dolly mixture house awaiting a makeover after my gee bee house I am doing up for my grandaughter. My dolly mixture house roof has a split in the roof at the tape join, wondered the best way to reseal is, and then paint it red and black as it is now. Lynn

    1. Lee Higgins says:

      Thanks for your kind comments. I use gummed paper parcel tape, which I find is just the right width. You can see an example here: Triang No.61.

Please spare a moment to comment