Triang No.24





The roof panels have been separated and painted with woodworm treatment.  I have removed the red paint, but some of the impressed tile line are not very deep so will need touching up.  The picture above shows the tools I used to impress the tile lines, a soft brush, a screwdriver, a pointy tool and a hammer. First I marked out the line with a pointy tool, then I gently hit the screwdriver with a hammer [very technical] to mark out the line.  Once the lines were complete, there were various holes and edges had to be repaired.

I painted the panel black as a base coat and then brick-red on top, I tried to keep the tile lines black which showed through the red. I found that this effect was a bit strange and too regular. I gave the roof another coat of brick-red, reducing the black lines, then put on a coat of antique pine silk varnish.

The roof is in place and nailed to the supports around the edge of the roof.

While I was busy deciding the colour technique of the roof, I forgot that I had to seal the edges with parcel tape, which would need painting and also the nails. So more roof painting to do.

I placed the door panels in front of the house to make sure it was all level, they still need a bit of work doing, as I have not finished the windows yet. I am not sure if I will put curtains in the frames.



Please spare a moment to comment

%d bloggers like this: