The porch has been removed, it will be so much easier to decorate not being attached to the main body of the house.
I took the roof off of the porch, so I could remove the red paint.
This was not a good idea, probably the worst idea I have ever had. When the paint stripper was put on, it made a very red sticky mess. It was useless to try and scrape the paint so I had to wipe it off with a damp cloth and then scrape off the goo, and then under the red paint was black paint. I decided just to sand it and be done with it…..
The chimney has also been stripped down, it has come up really well. Probably the easiest piece to do, as it is a solid lump of wood.
It was so much easier to paint the porch when it was removed from the main part of the house.
Looking very smart with a new coat of paint.
The porch has now been attached to the side of the main part of the house.
As simple as this Porch looks, it was really difficult to put back together again, and a lot of glue was used to hold it together. I used the original nail holes, but the nails would not hold it together any more without glue. Positioning the little roof was the hardest part.
The floor has been painted with a reddish brown, which looks similar to the colour used originally, with the front door completed now it looks quite smart.