Wallpaper

on

Wallpaper for the No.42 House

This is one of the wallpapers I have been working on for my Triang dollshouse No.42.

This is the room the wallpaper came from, it was very difficult to take it off in one piece and I had one reasonable size and lots of little bits.

I took a picture of the pieces I managed to put together. [My scanner was not working at the time, it would have been more successful than taking a picture because of the angle.]

Using Photoshop I began to tidy up the picture.

I had to join two pieces of train together to make one good one.

 

 

The finished wallpaper ready for printing. I am quite pleased with the result.

I have now cleaned up the wallpaper a bit more making the colours more crisp.

village

This is the next wallpaper I have completed for my No.42 dollshouse.


As you can see, it has been scribbled on with a crayon and decorated with stickers, it is also badly ripped.

I scanned the wallpaper into my computer, rather that photograph it as it gave me a better pattern size.

I then cleaned up the pattern using Photoshop.

This is the finished result, I am very pleased with it, it was much harder to do than I thought it would.

 

Wiggly Wallpaper

This is the most difficult wallpaper I have done.

I could only save scraps from the walls, and I could not see a pattern, it all looked very random. The pieces were very stained, dirty and water damaged First of all I scanned in the pieces I had managed to salvage.

 

 

Studying the pieces I had, I tried to make a pattern out of them, using Photoshop I trimmed the pieces and gave each one its own layer. I numbered each piece so it was easier to keep track of each section I was moving. Once I had formed a pattern, I joined two pieces of the puzzle.together, to give a bigger area to work on. Then I traced each part of the patern with corresponding colours.

The shaded square shows the pattern which is repeated, and can be joined together to make a complete sheet of wallpaper.

 

I selected a suitable back ground and built each part of the pattern up in separate layers. I think I might have to adjust the green, as it is not quite right yet. The scrapes of paper I had were not very green, so it was hard to match the colour.

 

 

 

I have also been able to produce one of the other papers with a similar pattern but different colours.

You can see by the room and what I could salvage in the scan below, how difficult it is to get the colours right.

 

Although I have achieved the pattern of the wallpaper, I am not totally happy with the effect of this one or the green, as it seems very flat, and too precise.

 

Wallpaper for No.24 House

This is a paper I have reproduced from my No.24 house.  As you can see it has lots of woodworm holes in it, and a paper sticker.  It also has water damage and crayon like most of the house.

no24n

 

FlowerWallpaper

I am really happy with this paper, I think it is one of the best I have done.



Save

Save

One Comment Add yours

  1. You did a great job with these papers. We have to replace wall paper in our 61 so although we don’t have Photoshop we’ll try to do it with another editing program eventually.

Please spare a moment to comment