Triang No.62


The windows show signs of rust, and will have to be rubbed down.I removed the loose rust and made a smooth surface and then treated them with a rust treatment, which provides a protective surface to paint on.


The rust can clearly be seen on the inside of the window.  Also the curtains are stained and frayed, the acitate in the windows has split.


The curtains have been removed, they were very frayed and had lost their colour.  I have scanned the curtain material and reproduced the pattern on Photoshop.  The image was then printed on to transfer paper and ironed onto a piece of cotton material, and cut to size.




This is the finished window, the frame and window inserts have now been painted.  New acetate has been put in the window and the new curtains fitted.  I am very pleased with the result, as good as new.

Etsy shop
Visit My Etsy Shop – A Miniature Slice of Time

10 Comments Add yours

  1. Fiona Fox says:

    The new curtains are a triumph. The front door knocker and letter box ‘came up nice’. You must be proud of this!

    1. Lee Higgins says:

      Thank you, this was the first time I have printed on material, very pleased with the result.

  2. Kris says:

    What a fantastic job! I’m trying to restore my own 62 so this is very helpful. Great videos too! Could you let me know what green paint you used for the window frames and the roof please? Want to march the original colours if possible but not sure what would work. I was also wondering whether the best type of paint would be an acrylic matt? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you 🙂

    1. Lee Higgins says:

      The paint I use for the window frames is used for painting Games Workshop models, the colour is Citadel Dark Angels Green [or if not available Caliban Green, as name has changed]. This paint is matt, but I also used a matt varnish which gives a nice finish. The roof is painted with a matt brick red paint, this is the hardest to get right. Get some tester pots, go with the colour you feel happy with. The next window frames I do, I think I will try Aerosol paint used for touching up cars. There are some nice greens for Jaguar and Range Rover cars, that would look good. Good Luck with your house…

      1. Kris says:

        Thanks so much for the information! Much appreciated:)

        1. Pat king says:

          This is my next project, I have just spent a year restoring a stockbroker, thank you for all the tips, I have found them invaluable. I also found the roof colour hardest to get just right, I ended up using brick red and adding black . I’m always learning.pat

          1. Lee Higgins says:

            I found the roof colour difficult to, at one time I could buy a Brick Red, which was a good match, but is no longer available. I am glad you have found my site helpful.

  3. dianne priestman says:

    Wonderful job! very impressive.

  4. lynn says:

    Wow very very nice, a wonderful job, I have a dolly mixture house awaiting a makeover after my gee bee house I am doing up for my grandaughter. My dolly mixture house roof has a split in the roof at the tape join, wondered the best way to reseal is, and then paint it red and black as it is now. Lynn

    1. Lee Higgins says:

      Thanks for your kind comments. I use gummed paper parcel tape, which I find is just the right width. You can see an example here: Triang No.61.

Please spare a moment to comment