Triang No.50

on

Triang No.50 – This is my new house to restore, it has more work to do on it than I first thought.

 

The roof needs replacing as the card roof has been replaced with plywood.   I am not sure if the hinges are original, but the wood has split and needs repairing.

 

I have started to remove the brick paper and  paint from the metal front, I think it has been treated with a green paint for rust.  There is not a lot of the original paint remaining.  When I removed the paint I found that on the remaining original paintwork there was painted flowers, which I was surprised to find.  I thought that these houses were either plain or decorated with flower decals.  I should be able to copy these when I repaint the front.

The Tri-ang label had been painted over with two coats of paint.  Using a cotton bud and paint stripper, I carefully removed the paint.  Although not a perfect job, I thought it was not too bad as it was covered with so much paint.

 

I have finished preparing my No.50 Dollshouse ready for painting.  It has taken such a long time, as there was so much surface rust which had to be treated, and a lot of paint to remove.

I managed to remove the door by taking out the pins on the hinges, I will replace them with small nails.  All the paint has been removed and will be repainted its original colour.

The front panel has now been repainted.  When I stripped off the paint I noticed flowers painted on, I have not seen them on other houses of this style before, so I thought I would reproduce them.  All that is needed is the front door.

I have a few pieces of vintage plastic  furniture, and have found it hard to display it in a house.  I thought I would try them in this house and was quite surprised how each room looked.  The rooms need decorating, but not sure how, as I think it needs to be very simple.



Please spare a moment to comment